Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Birth of a Legend




During the late 1980's, Hironobu Sakaguchi, the president and producer/director of Square Co. Ltd was experiencing a slump. Square's previous games had not been very successful and he was planning to retire from the industry. However, he decided to take one more stab at it. We are thankful that he did because his last ditch effort would bring the birth of a legend, Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy (A.K.A. Final Fantasy I or The Original Final Fantasy) was released in Japan on December 18th, 1987 in Japan and in the USA and Canada on July 12th, 1990 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. This one game, set in a mystical fantasy world, complete with dragons and monsters and magic and an evil demon with a desire to either take over or destroy the world as we know it, would spawn a whole series of games whose popularity still holds strong today.




Welcome to the Wonderful World of Final Fantasy

I am your host, Ceara Ivory and I will be taking you on a text and pictorial tour of this phenomenon. I will do my absolute best to provide you with information on previous games up through Final Fantasy IX. Each game I cover will be covered with every possible detail complete with a play-by-play walkthrough (so expect long series). I will also include links to my favorite Final Fantasy Let's Player and his videos. The first of the games I will be covering is my personal favorite, Final Fantasy IX. So keep an eye out for the overview coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment